Buying property can be stressful at the best of times, and if you are new to the real estate arena, it can seem quite a daunting prospect. Mortgage ap...
Buying property can be stressful at the best of times, and if you are new to the real estate arena, it can seem quite a daunting prospect. Mortgage applications and searching for the right property are just two things that will require your attention, then there is the legal side of property ownership, which is why you will need the help of a good solicitor. If you are new to the process of buying a home, here are some important things to make sure you have covered.
- Mortgage Approval – Houses are not cheap and unless you happen to be a lottery winner, you will need to secure a mortgage, and before you do that, it is possible to tentatively ask for approval. This means that according to the information you give the lender, they will allow you, in principle, to borrow up to a certain amount for a house purchase. The approval doesn’t commit you to anything, but without it, some builders would not proceed any further than an initial discussion.
- A Good Solicitor – It is essential you hire someone with experience, and there are affordable conveyancing solicitors online who offer a range of services connected to real estate. This person would deal with the land transfer, and also any taxes you might have to pay. In the event you qualify for a government grant, the solicitor can facilitate this also.
- Additional Budget – Unfortunately, after you pay the land transfers, legal fees, and taxes, you will still need a budget for furnishing and relocating. Buying a house requires a level of determination, and may take a few years of saving before you finally make it. Some builders offer a ready to move into home, and this can be a godsend you a young couple who are sailing close to the wind financially.
- A Good Estate Agent – Finding the right property can be a nightmare, but with online solutions, you can enlist the help of several major websites and you should be able to locate the perfect property in a short time. The service is typically free to buyers, while the seller pays the agent a small commission, and by using several companies, you will have a wider range of homes to view.
- An Understanding Boss – Buying a home involves several stages, and the chances are your work will suffer on occasions. If you explain the situation, your boss will probably be fine with you taking some time off now and then, and you can always delegate anything important. Moving in will take a few days, so try to make sure you can take this time away, as your presence is most definitely required.
The first home purchase is a milestone in anyone’s life, and with the right help, the experience isn’t as bad as some might say, and if you choose the right property, your future will be secure as the value of your investment will steadily rise.