If you plan to sell your home in the next few years, it’s a good idea to start some remodeling projects that will increase the value of your home.
- According to HGTV, you should spruce up your yard by weeding all the garden areas, reseed any bare spots on the lawn, and edge the grass along the driveway and walkways. Trim trees and shrubs and put down mulch to discourage weed growth.
- Improve your curb appeal by installing a new insulated main entry door. Paint the porch and add a few potted plants for color. Be sure you keep your windows shiny clean, and instruct children not to leave bikes or toys in the front yard.
- Give your home a thorough cleaning, including the basement and attic. Shampoo carpets, clean windows, scrub and polish appliances, and do a general assessment for needed repairs. Write down any problems you find.
- Hire a handyman to make any necessary repairs. Have all improvements and repairs done by a professional. It will add to the resale value of your home. Buyers aren’t impressed with DIY projects and may not trust the workmanship.
- According to Detail Design and Remodeling of Georgia, you can upgrade your kitchen with beautiful cabinet refacing constructed from rich maple or cherry wood doors and drawer fronts. Your kitchen will look completely new and add value to your home. A quality refacing company can turn your kitchen into a deal closer for when you sell.
- Renovate the master bedroom. Use neutral colors when painting and add color with accessories such as window treatments, bed covers, and pillows. If you have room, expand the closet area. Buyers are always looking for plenty of storage space.
- Repair or replace the roof. Lifted and missing shingles can indicate a leak, and that is the last things potential homebuyers want to see. A bad roof is a definite deal killer.
- Remodel the bathrooms by adding shiny modern fixtures. Replace the sink, toilet, and tub with modern styles. Paint the walls in a neutral shade, replace flooring, and add new lighting. People want a comfortable and attractive bathroom.
- Add a deck to your home. Add some nice patio furniture, and relax with a cool drink. Potential home buyers are drawn to amenities that make home a comfortable and fun place to be.
- Paint every room with soft neutral colors. When people look for a new home they need to be able to imagine how it will look with their personal belongings.
All of these tips will add resale value to your home. Get started now and everything will be done by the time you list your home for sale.