Protecting the exterior of your home from the outside world is incredibly important, especially if you live an area that is prone to harsh weather circumstances. There are many ways to make sure your home is protected from things like wet and dry rot, and a professional could help you make the right choice and have it properly installed for your home. Do your research beforehand to make sure you make the best decision that will properly keep your home safe as well as fit your stylistic preferences.
What Is Weatherboarding?
A local weatherboards supplier in Portsmouth provides materials for weatherboarding, which may also be known as wood cladding, clapboarding, bevel siding, or lap siding. Timber or wooden shingles are often used for exterior wall cladding and are installed onto the side of the house by hanging the planks either vertically or horizontally along the walls. This wood needs to be treated, stained, or painted regularly, but it is very easy to maintain, especially considering its popularity as a material choice for exterior wall cladding.
Benefits of Weatherboarding
● Widely available material makes it a generally affordable option.
● Very versatile for different aesthetic preferences depending on how the wood is treated, painted, or stained.
● Wood is a very durable material to use for exterior wall cladding.
● Vulnerable to fire and other extreme weather conditions, but they are durable during earthquakes.
● Can be used with extra insulation.
There are many benefit of using weatherboarding for the exterior walls of your home. In the end, it is simply a durable material that can be used to help protect your home and bring an extra layer of aesthetic appeal to your exterior walls. Make sure to look into all of your options first before making any decisions to guarantee an efficient installation process.