House sheds are an alternative building adjacent to the home. These are generally single story structures. These can vary in terms of construction, size, material, style, and various other factors. Nevertheless, these can be built in a variety of dimensions in accordance with the needs of the house. These are spacious and are often used for various purposes. Moreover, house sheds can also be customized to match the features of the house. It is one of the most effective home improvement methods. House sheds are used for greenhouse, deck boxes, outdoor storage, barns, garages, carports, gazebos, pergolas, cupolas, patio covers, etc.
There are different type of house sheds depending on the materials such as Wooden sheds, Resin sheds, and Metal sheds:
Types of House Sheds Depending on Materials:
Wooden sheds are versatile and being the traditional house shed, it renders various customizable opportunities. You can paint it in any color to match your house backdrop. In addition to that, cabinets, windows, and shelving can be added. However, to keep it safe from the pests, harsh climatic condition, and any kind of damage, the exterior can be painted with the high-quality premier.
On the other hand, if you are looking for something that is easy and quick to assemble with low maintenance cost then the best option is the resin shed. However, you should go for the plastic, high-density polyethylene or vinyl. There is no need for protective coating or any such treatment. They are easy to maintain and are less expensive than the wooden sheds.
If you are looking from the security view of point then metal sheds are the best option. They are durable and resistant to pests, mildew, mold, termites and even fire. All you need to do is a weatherproof coating. Choose the right location to assemble it. These are least expensive than the other two.
There are various house sheds in terms of different style, which includes:
Types of House Sheds According to Styles:
- Classic series: The classic series include a number of house sheds such as Quaker, Dutch, Cape, Cape Garage, Single Bay, Double Bay garage, etc. These are enhanced version of Mira TEC with trim on the corners, doors as well as fascia. You can even enhance it by adding transom windows to the door. These are available in five different styles and various colors.
- Traditional series: Mini barn, Dutch, Villa, Quaker, Cape, Dutch garage, Cape Garage are some of the examples of traditional series. These are the epitome of quality craftsmanship, time-tested, durable and consist of enough space to accommodate whatever you want.
- Grand Victorian: Big sky cabin, home office, Cape, Cape Garage, pool house, etc. are one of a kind. The roof is constructed on site and the delivery of the building is done in the assembled form. Moreover, it has the luxury of the customs building.
- Victorian series: Carriage House, Quaker, Cottage, Cape in these types of house sheds beauty lies in the details. It has distinctive details. It is the combination of the premium craftsmanship along with the New England style. The overhangs and gable vents are combined together with the antique hardware and decorative shutters to enhance the look.
- Gazebos: Oval pavilions, rectangle pavilion, octagon, etc. style of gazebos add an elegant look to your garden, poolside or backyard. It is a delightful gathering place where you can enjoy in your leisure time.
Hence, these are different types of house sheds as per the usage and purpose for your home. They serve for keeping outdoor equipment, lawn tools, storage, garage, car parking and other such purposes.